Thursday, October 16, 2008

தீபாவளி vaazhthukkal


ஹாய் friend ! How are you?

I hope you are fine. How is the festival fever there? It’s almost reaching its peak now. It’s beautifully raining outside in this wonderful evening. Have got your dresses for Diwali? I personally felt that I should celebrate this festival-of course, I don’t like to celebrate it at all. I just want to treat it-without crackers. Once, I used to long for crackers at Diwali and for making model Christmas (we call “kudil” in Tamil). Last year I helped my family to clean my home and I created the model creatively for Christmas. I don’t know whether I could do this year or not.


Yesterday, I received an sms that said –

4 years
40 subjects
400 experiments
4000 assignments
40000 hours
400000 rupees

A normal human being cannot do it.
Only super men called “Engineering students” can do it.



Don’t you think that the above message is true? If you too are an Engg. student (especially after 2nd semester) you will say “yes”. OK, let me come to the matter. I have already said that like a sleepaholic I am sleeping nowadays. Tiredness makes me do no work at home. In this case, I’m blessed with a good family that does every work for me. That’s why I said, I don’t know whether I could do decorations and model this year or not.


Now the rain has started a lightly heavily, but still, it’s beautiful to watch. For this Diwali, I have decided not to buy dresses also. You may wonder how my family celebrates both Diwali and Christmas. We celebrate all festivals, which, I thought that bring happiness and unity. Just few minutes before, I thought that I should change my thought, but now I think it’s true. At least to some extent, festivals make us feel out of hatred or jealousy or any other bad impression we make on others and those others make on us.

Just say a word, “ Happy Diwali sir” and most adamant professor will smile at you. Or, say a wish to a boy or a girl, for whose friendship you are longing for, I’m sure that you will become friends in one month.

All right friend, wish you a very happy Diwali. Don’t burn crackers and spoil the environment. Celebrate in a harmonious way and help the poor near your locality in this joyful moment.
Bye, good night.

No comments: